NerfModNation Chat :D


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Nerf Blogger - AlphaTuber31337

Hey modders! My name is Brad and I have been doing nerf for about a year and a half now. A friend got me into it and I've certainly taken off after that one year. I went to my first war and absolutely hated it. I remember showing up thinking I was all hot and stuff with my unmodded pistol splat, and would just shove darts down the barrel. That shot about 40 feet. Since then though, I've taken off like a skyrocket. I took the rest of the year because I didn't like it at all. Then, during that winter, I discovered NerfHaven and attempted to mod a UMB. Unfortunately, I didn't have the necessary tools to mod things, so I ended up using some tin snips to cut away at the front of the shell, and not knowing what to fill that with hot glue. You can imagine how long that lasted.



From that I went to my first homemade, a Snap Carbine. I went off of KND's design, who doesn't even nerf anymore. I built it with only hot glue holding the front piece in, which was just dremeled out 1/2" pvc to fit cpvc. When is all came together...it was absolutely terrible. I had used way too much super glue, and not enough screws. Not to mention that I used a wooden clothespin. I even glued (not screwed) the handle on backwards. It shot 95", which wasn't bad, but fell apart almost immediately.
From there I did some air gun stuff, including re-shelling my UMB to a Longstrike shell, and modding a Sceptor.
Then, my actual nerf stuff began. It's hard to believe that all of this, and I progressed this far in under a year. Two weeks before APOC 2012, I went to a local war and met someone who offered to make me a Snap Bow. I was so excited that I payed the $40 quickly and he promised to have it by APOC. He did, and that is how I learned how Snap catches worked.

After that, I attempted my first Pump Snap. It turned out okay, but quality was still an issue. Specifically the front bushing. I canned that Pump Snap just to say the least.
From there, I built my first stable primary, my Pump Snap 2.0. It is still sturdy to this day, and my brother is using it. I converted it to a 3.0 and gave it to him. Somewhere in this time I made my YouTube channel, on which I post regularly.
These are my primaries that I use today:
Then, it just took off. I build two more Pump Snap's, one of which I just sold for $25 and the other I use in every war today. I also took a Berserker tank and put it inside of a Rayven shell. I used both of these in a war last week and they performed exeptionally.
Some of my other blaster's that I used were:
Snap Pistol
And my Elite Alpha Trooper (for which I got for $6)
Then, I decided to make my newest and best primary...my +bow. I just used this at the last war as well, and even though it had little testing and a seal problem, it performed great. It took me just a couple of days to make, and I did it as cleanly as I could.
So yeh, thats basically how I got started in nerf, and how far I've come in under two years! Hope you enjoyed and hope you look forward to hearing more from me!









No comments:

Post a Comment